Police Blotter: Aug. 15-23
Police report robberies, pickpocketing, in Wheaton.
Montgomery County Police have released a summary of major crimes for the week of Aug. 15-23:
- An armed robbery occurred outside the Sun Trust Bank, 11201 Veirs Mill Rd., Wheaton, at 3:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 23. The suspect, a 44-year-old male, threatened the victim with a weapon, obtained property and was later arrested.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred at Livingston Street and Weisman Rd., Wheaton, at 10:45 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 18. The suspect assaulted the victim and obtained property.
Suspect: black male, 18-24, 5’10" - 6’, 180-200 lbs.
- An attempted robbery/assault occurred in the 2200 block of Glenallan Avenue, Silver Spring, at 10:15 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 22. The suspects assaulted the victim and attempted to obtain property.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 2000 block of Glenallan Avenue, Silver Spring, at 11:45 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 22. The method of entry was unknown; nothing was taken.
Two pickpocketing incidents were reported:
- One pickpocketing incident occurred at CVS pharmacy, 2321 University Boulevard West, Wheaton, between 2:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 17. The suspects obtained property from the victim.
Suspects: One white male, 30s, 5’11", 160-180 lbs., short black hair; one Hispanic male, 5’9”, 165-175 lbs., beard, short black hair.
- A pickpocketing incident occurred at the Bank of America, 2601 University Blvd., Wheaton, between 7:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m., on Saturday, Aug. 20. The suspects obtained the victim’s property.
Suspects: two Hispanic males, each in his 30s, 5’2” – 5’4”, with crew cuts.