The Wheaton & Kensington Chamber of Commerce will honor outstanding community members, students, educators, public safety personnel, businesses and others at its 29th annual awards banquet on April 24.
The banquet will take place from 6-9 p.m. at Hollywood East in Wheaton.
Last year's banquet celebrated Brookside Gardens and its more than 40 years of service and contributions to the community. This year, the Chamber of Commerce will honor the Kensington Volunteer Fire Department.
The following awards will also be presented:
- The Mid-County Citizen’s Advisory Board’s Civic Association Award and Citizen of the Year Award
- The Wheaton Redevelopment Advisory Committee Wheaton Revitalization Award
- The Police, Rescue Squad and Fire Department Public Safety Awards
- Einstein, Kennedy and Wheaton High School: Teacher, ESOL Student and Community Service Awards
- Chamber Member of the Year Award and Outstanding Chamber Service Award
- Non-Profit of the Year Award
For ticket information, see the PDF attached to this article.