Invite a friend
Brown Bag Luncheon Meeting
Looking at China's
The International Committee of the League of Women Voters invites you to join us in looking at China's future with a presentation by Susan V. Lawrence, a
Specialist in Asian Affairs for the Congressional Research Service at the Library of Congress. Ms. Lawrence covers
China and Mongolia, and her research focuses on U.S.-China relations, China's foreign policy, and China's domestic policies. She spent 2 years as an undergraduate at Peking university and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
The public is always welcome. Bring a bag
lunch. Desserts and coffee will be provided.
Sponsored by the League of
Women Voters of Montgomery County
|Where||Wheaton Regional Library 11701 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20902|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:15 pm–2:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Everyone, Seniors|
More About Wheaton Regional Library
The Wheaton branch of the Montgomery County public library is a bustling, yet still quiet, library that specializes in health information. A bright, well-stocked collection includes books, DVDs and magazines.
Downstairs, the Friends of the Library have a permanent used booksale that benefits the library system, there is a large meeting room, and "Laptop Lane," a table with dedicated outlets and Wi-Fi available, keep you connected.
The Wheaton Regional Library also reflects the diversity of the community with "Welcome" written in several languages on the wall, and a sizable collection of books in Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese. A children's section hosts a storytime hour during the school year.
Other events here
- Wheaton Library Adult Book Club Tomorrow, May 21, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Financial Pitfalls - Wheaton & Kensington Chamber Breakfast Mixer Wed, May 22, 7:30 am–9:00 am
- Wheaton Friends of the Library formation activity Sat, Jun 1, 12:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wheaton Library Advisory Committee Mon, Jun 10, 7:30 pm
- Wheaton Library Adult Book Club Tue, Jun 18, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Wheaton Library Adult Book Club Tue, Jul 16, 11:00 am–12:00 pm