Invite a friend
Cooking Demonstration: Pumpkin Party
Join Brookside Gardens for this cooking class, focusing on healthful recipes with seasonal and local fruits, vegetables and heabs. Enjoy samples of the dishes. prepared ebfore you, using the Cook sisters' own easy-to-follow recipes that you can try at home.
Adrienne Cook, Garden and Cooking writer and Danielle Navidi, caterer, present an all-pumpkin and winter squash progran with four new recipes! Course number 211802; registration required at www.ParkPASS.org.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm
- Summer Twilight Concert Series Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm