Invite a friend
Garden of Lights - Winter Walk-through Holiday Light Display
Brookside Gardens is transformed into a magical winter wonderland illuminated with more than one million twinkling colorful LED lights shaped into original art forms of flowers, animals and other natural elements. Enjoy this unique walk-through holiday light show that outshines all other displays with its creative, in-house designs that you won't see elsewhere. Open Sunday thriugh Tursday 5:30-9:00pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30-10:00pm and on New Year's Eve until 9:00pm. Admission: $20 per car/van Mon-Thu, and $25 per car/van Fri-Sun. Advance sale tickets are $20 and are good for any night of the show. Cash only at entrance; last car admitted 30 minutes before closing time. Group tours call 301-962-1457 for raes and reservations.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm
- Summer Twilight Concert Series Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm