Invite a friend
Green Matters Symposium - The New American Landscape
Green Matters will focus on the next chapter of American horticulture and the emphasis on sustainability that will drive landscape design in the coming decades. Sustainability has entered the mainstream. We see it associated with our food, building materials, and even the Olympics, but what does it really mean and how does it apply to landscape design? Join Keynote speaker, Heather Venhaus as she examines the broad issue of site sustainability and discusses the potential of small-scale sites and residential landscapes to improve ecosystem function and benefit human health and well-being. Heather will explore trends in sustainable design and provide
guidance for becoming a leader in the green building movement. COURSE # 212968.
Happy Hour available immediately after the Symposium for just $15; registration req at www.ParkPASS.org; COURSE # 224799.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm
- Summer Twilight Concert Series Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm