Invite a friend
Ikenobo and Ikebana Exhibition
Sponsored by the Ikenobo Ikebana Society of Metropolitan Washington DC Chapter and the Ikenobo Ikebana Society Baltimore Group
This is an exhibition of the 500 year old art of Ikenobo, one of the oldest schools of Japanese Ikebana flower arranging.
Admission is FREE. Saturday, March 23, 9:00am-5:00pm and Sunday, March 24, 9:00am-4:00pm.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Art Xhibits Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm