Invite a friend
Montgomery Parks Hosts Educators' Night
Montgomery Parks is hosting an Educators’ Night on October 11 from 5-8pm at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, MD. There are over 25 science and environmental education providers coming to showcase their field trip, outreach, and classroom resources. Among those exhibiting are NASA, NOAA, the Smithsonian, Patuxent Wildlife Refuge, the National Children’s Museum, the National Park Service and several nature-based organizations. Light refreshments will be provided and there is plenty of free parking.
This is a free event for teachers; however registration is required by calling 301-962-1472 or 301-258-4037.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Art Xhibits Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm