Invite a friend
Enjoy watching miniature G-scale trains wind through a seasonal landscape in the Conservatory. The train exhibit is sponsored by the Washington, Virginia, Maryland Garden Railway Society. Brookside Gardens, 1500 Glenallan Avenue, Wheaton, MD 20902.
More About Brookside Gardens
At the north end of Wheaton's Regional Park is the colorful and calm Brookside Gardens, a showcase garden with trails. Photography is popular here, but only individual photographers can snap away without a permit. The conservatory offers a daily live butterfly show, usually mid April through early September, while the visitor center offers information on the gardens, as well as a gift shop.
Other events here
- Private Group Horticultural Tours Daily,
- Conservatory Summer Display-Plants for a Tropical Summer Daily, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Children's Program: Children's Discovery Benches* Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Meet with Master Gardeners Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Container Gardening with Succulents Daily, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Conservation Landscaping Techniques Daily, 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Private Gardens of Montgomery County Tour Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Free Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm
- Summer Twilight Concert Series Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm