Invite a friend
Wheaton Library Advisory Committee
Let us know your concerns about the library or learn about plans for the future. The mission of a Library Advisory Committee (LAC) is to advise the Montgomery County Library Board (MCLB) and the Library Manager on issues of local interest and concern for the benefit of the community and Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL). These issues may include, but are not limited to, policy matters, collections, services, and facilities. The LACs are the voice of the community operating on a grassroots level for each library branch or services section.
More About Wheaton Regional Library
The Wheaton branch of the Montgomery County public library is a bustling, yet still quiet, library that specializes in health information. A bright, well-stocked collection includes books, DVDs and magazines.
Downstairs, the Friends of the Library have a permanent used booksale that benefits the library system, there is a large meeting room, and "Laptop Lane," a table with dedicated outlets and Wi-Fi available, keep you connected.
The Wheaton Regional Library also reflects the diversity of the community with "Welcome" written in several languages on the wall, and a sizable collection of books in Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese. A children's section hosts a storytime hour during the school year.
Other events here
- Financial Pitfalls - Wheaton & Kensington Chamber Breakfast Mixer Tomorrow, May 22, 7:30 am–9:00 am
- Wheaton Friends of the Library formation activity Sat, Jun 1, 12:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wheaton Library Advisory Committee Mon, Jun 10, 7:30 pm
- Wheaton Library Adult Book Club Tue, Jun 18, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- On the Ball, Spinny! Tue, Jun 18, 2:00 pm–2:45 pm
- Maryland Zoo Tue, Jun 25, 2:00 pm–2:45 pm
- Maryland Science Center Tue, Jul 9, 2:00 pm–2:45 pm
- Wheaton Library Adult Book Club Tue, Jul 16, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Reptiles Alive! Tue, Jul 16, 2:00 pm–2:45 pm
- Bob Brown Puppets Tue, Jul 23, 2:00 pm–2:45 pm