All Montgomery County will be closed and no programs will operate on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
The following county and state facilities will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day:
- Montgomery County government offices. Offices also will be closed Monday.
- State offices and courts.
- Montgomery County Public School administrative offices will be closed Dec. 22-25 and Jan. 1.
- County libraries. Branches also will be closed on Monday. Branches will close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 31.
- All recreation facilities will be closed on Monday, on Christmas Day and on New Year’s Day. All county community and neighborhood recreation centers will be closed Monday through Jan. 1. County senior centers will be closed Sunday through Jan. 1.
- County liquor stores. Stores will be open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday and on Dec. 31.
Recycling and refuse collection for Monday and for Dec. 31 will not be affected. Collection for the remainder of each week will shift forward one day, with Friday collection made on Saturday.
Parking will be free at county public garages, lots and curbside meters on Monday, on Christmas Day and on New Year’s Day.
Transportation services are running on modified schedules on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day: