Here’s what’s open (or not) on Martin Luther King Day, Monday, Jan. 21:
- Parking at public garages, lots and curbs
- Montgomery County offices
- Montgomery County libraries, including the Wheaton Library
- The Friends of the Library bookstore at Wheaton Library (closed Sunday and Monday)
- Montgomery County liquor stores, including the one in Wheaton
- TRiPS Commuter stores in Silver Spring and Friendship Heights
- All county public schools and administrative offices
- State of Maryland offices and courts
- Senior centers and community centers, including the Wheaton Recreation Center.
Ride-On will operate on a special modified holiday schedule.
Metrobus will operate on a weekday schedule with an early rush hour. Many routes will operate on detours due to Inaugural events.
Metrorail will operate on a rush-hour schedule, from 4 a.m. to 2 a.m. because of the presidential inauguration. Three stations will be closed: Archives, Mt. Vernon Square and Smithsonian.
No pick-up; collection will move to the next day for the rest of the week.