The Montgomery County Police have released the latest crime statistics for the Fourth District, from April 16-24. This list is not comprehensive, but rather selects incidents that occurred in or very near Wheaton.
An armed robbery occurred at Kensington Boulevard and Fenimore Road, Wheaton on April 25 at 1:45 a.m. The victim was on foot and had been drinking. The suspects approached and one placed a pocket knife to the victim’s neck. One suspect demanded the victim’s wallet and cell phone. The victim turned over his property. The suspects ran north on Fenimore. Taken: wallet, cash, cell phone.
Related commercial burglaries
Three related commercial burglaries at Silver Spring salons were reported on the same night, April 17 between 12:00 a.m. and 2:30 a.m.:
- D’Evely Salon Spa, 2440 Ennalls Avenue. Suspect(s) broke side window and entered. Nothing taken.
- 11269 Triangle Lane. Broke front door glass. Glass remained intact. No entry.
- 2523 Ennalls Avenue. Attempt but no entry.
A residential burglary occurred in the 11400 block of Lund Place, Kensington in the two weeks before April 17 at 7:44 p.m. Forced entry; residence vandalized; nothing taken.
A residential burglary occurred in the 2300 block of Glenmont Circle, Wheaton on April 13 between 12:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. The suspect(s) entered via unknown means. Property taken.
Seven residential burglaries were reported that appear to be related. According to police, typically doors were kicked open:
- In the 2000 block of Glenhaven Place on April 19 at 10:05 a.m. Victim was home, forced entry, apparently heard the victim’s TV on, and fled house.
- In the 1800 block of Alberti Drive on April 19 prior to 5:09 p.m. Forced entry, property taken.
- In the 1800 block of Alberti Drive on April 19 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Attempted but no entry.
- In the 11000 block of Burnley Terrace between April 17 and April 21. Forced entry. Nothing taken.
- In the 800 block of Whitehall Street on April 23 between 9:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Forced entry. Property taken.
- In the 2100 block of Prichard Drive on April 23 at 2:33 p.m. Victim arrived home, noticed two suspects in her family room. The suspects fled out the second story window. Unknown entry. Suspects: 15-17 years old, one suspect is a Hispanic male, 5’6, wavy black hair wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, and gray jeans.
- In the 1800 block of Alberti Drive on April 23 between 2:00 p.m. and 2:16 p.m. Suspects banged on the back door, then took off running when they saw the homeowner.
For questions about this crime blotter, email Esther.French@patch.com. For more crime statistics, see the Montgomery County Police crime summaries.