The Montgomery County Council will introduce an amendment to the 2013-18 Capital Improvements Program budget seeking $13.895 million for the purchase of 32 new buses for Ride On.
Recommended by County Executive Ike Leggett, the project will "fund the replacement of 32 Champion buses which have had fire safety problems."
A public hearing and action on the funding is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
The county will also receive its first winter update from the state's Office of Intergovernmental Relations. Topics of discussion for the 12:30 p.m. meeting include:
- The Governor's FY 2014 State budget request as it relates to Montgomery County
- Status of local and bi-county legislation
- Two bi-county bills related to the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission
The full packet for the state legislative program discussion can be viewed on the Montgomery County website.
Other agenda items of note include:
- Introduction - Supplemental appropriation to the County Government’s FY13 Capital Budget and amendment to the FY13-18 Capital Improvements Program, Department of General Services - $7,500,000 for the Silver Spring Transit Center
- 1:30 Public Hearing/Action - Supplemental appropriation to the MCPS’ FY13 Operating Budget - $7,267,938 for Title I, Part A Program
The full Montgomery County Council agenda can be viewed on the county website.