If you haven’t already bought a parking pass, shuttle buses and public transportation will be running regularly to drop fans off at the golf course.
Woods has been sidelined since back surgery nearly three months ago for a pinched nerve.
“I've just started to hit full shots, but it's time to take the next step. I will be a bit rusty, but I want to play myself back into competitive shape,” Woods said on his Facebook page Friday.
This is the eighth year of the Quicken Loans National and the sixth time it has been held at Congressional, Patch previously reported. The tournament raises money for the college-access programs of the Tiger Woods Foundation, local charities and supports the United States military.
Players are competing for a purse of $6.5 million. The grand prize? $1.17 million.
Details on all ticket options are available at www.QLNational.com.
For those attending the tournament, parking at the Quicken Loans National is first come, first serve and subject to availability -- except for those who purchase passes ahead of time. Drivers must only use official tournament parking and shuttle lots. No general admission parking will be available close to the course. Shuttles from designated parking lots depart roughly every 15 minutes.
Security checks will be done for all passengers prior to boarding the shuttle. No bags larger than 6x6x6 will be allowed into the tournament.
No public drop-offs or pickups are allowed around the main entrance of Congressional on River Road. For those getting dropped off or picked up, use the taxi, limousine or private vehicle drop-off near the entrance on Persimmon Tree Lane. No parking or standing is allowed, so coordinate times accordingly.
Parking locations are:
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds: The lot is open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. A shuttle will be available to transport people from the lot to Congressional. Passes are $7 for one day only -- Thursday or Friday.
- Rock Springs Parking Lot: The lot is open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Friday and 7. a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Passes include parking and shuttle transportation -- $15 for a single day or $55 for the weekly pass.
- VIP Preferred Parking Lot: The lot is adjacent to the main entrance of Congressional -- no shuttle needed, just walk on over to the tournament -- and is open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday to Friday and 7. a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Prices vary for each day.
Public transportation options are:
- T2 bus from Friendship Heights and Rockville. On Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30, the bus will run every 15 minutes from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Regular fares apply.
- Bus 36 from Bethesda -- no Saturday or Sunday service. Use the stops at the end of the route on Bradley Blvd. at the Connelly School.
Parking passes can be purchased online.