Arcola Elementary School
Arcola Elementary, home of the Alligators, is in a relatively new building for a long-time community school in the Kemp Mill neighborhood. Set back from Arcola Avenue, the school was originally opened in the 1950s, but closed in the 1980s. The new Arcola, opened three years ago, includes a playground and athletic fields. Principal Eric Wilson leads the school of more than 500 students in grades K - 5.
- Hours: School Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:15am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are curb cuts at the front door and handicapped spaces.
- Founding Date: Aug 01 2007
- Number of students: 552
- Male-to-female ratio: 51:49
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association and Maryland
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18-25:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 56
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: pre-K - 5
- Special education: Yes