Church of the Atonement
Recently undergone renovation, Church of the Atonement is Presbyterian congregation with an active youth program. The main entrance is now in the back, away from Georgia Ave., and the main sanctuary has bright stained glass windows.
The building also hosts an Iranian Christian congregation, and has a kitchen, rec room that hosts an informal floor hockey game on the weekends, and a library.
- Fax: 301-649-9633
- Hours: Sun worship: 8:30am, 11am; Sunday school: 9:50am
- Handicap Accessible: New entrance in back has dedicated parking spaces, elevator to main sanctuary
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1947
- What makes this community special?: You can go around the world in Wheaton in a mile.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Congregation size: 400
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No