Forest Knolls Elementary School
Forest Knolls Elementary School is located around the corner from Northwood High on a quiet corner in Kemp Mill. The school, led by Principal Donald Masline, is focused on meeting the needs of each of its students, and one of two schools in the county designed (both through the curriculum and the physical building) to include students with orthopedic disabilities.
An active PTA and an art-filled building are two of the features of Forest Knolls, as is their junior press corps program.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:50am - 3:05pm
- Number of students: 609
- Male-to-female ratio: 49:51
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association, Maryland
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17-25:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 56
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K to 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library