Located just one block north of the Wheaton metro station, The Toy Exchange has been serving the DC area since 1990. Owner Perry Mohney, a graduate of Einstein High School, has been collecting toys and train sets for decades, and says his store has by far one of the largest selections of hard-to-find toys in the DC area.
At this treasure trove of a store, rare toys such as diecast cars, vintage train sets, 1960s GI Joe action figures, old school Nintendo games, Generation 1 Transformers, model cars, Star Wars Walkers and Marvel Comics action figures can be bought, sold and traded. New Playstation, Nintendo and Xbox games are also available, and The Toy Exchange will ship any product worldwide.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 7pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp and several parking spaces are located at the front of the store.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Model cars, Matchbox cars, model and toy trains, train sets, repair kits, entertainment/game systems, video games, GI Joe toys, action figures
- Services: Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: All sales are final.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- What is the most popular toy or game ever sold at the store?: Star Wars related merchandise.
- Toy and game brands: Matchbox, Hasbro, Mattel, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Star Wars, Lego, Corgi, Hot Wheels, Solido, Dinky, Pez, Disney, MARX, Simpsons, Lionel, MTH, Flyer, Hess and more.