Thomas Edison High School of Technology
Thomas Edison is a high school devoted to specialized study in 19 programs, including the biosciences, hospitality and tourism, masonry, and auto body repair, among others . A partial day program, students attend their home school for half of the school day and take specialized classes at Edison for the rest.
This past school year, Edison hosted a SkillsUSA 2010 regional competition.
While Edison students come from around the county, many are from nearby high schools, including Wheaton High, which it shares a building with. Admission is by application.
- Fax: 301-929-2177
- Hours: School Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 1:30pm
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1954
- Number of students: 612
- Male-to-female ratio: 66:34
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association and Maryland
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17.8:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 33
- Grade levels: 9-12