Located across the street from the Wheaton Regional Library, the center offers a large selection of classes and holds events in partnership with local non-profits, such as the popular senior citizen program on Wednesdays in association with the Chinese-American Center.
A large open gym, and fitness equipment are available to any Montgomery County resident with a membership. The front lobby has a large waiting area with a television and vending machines. In the next room are six terminals in the new computer lab.
- Fax: 301-926-6410
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, 9am - 10pm Wed, 9am - 9:30pm Fri, Closed Sat, 9am - 1pm Sun, Closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Dec 01 1963
- What makes this community special?: "It's just the people...It's such a melting pot. That's what makes Wheaton, Wheaton." says Alex Taylor, recreation specialist.
- Services: Fitness, dance and arts classes. Special events for senior citizens, computer lab, open gym, fitness/weight room.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None
- Membership info: Must be over 18 or above 16 years old with parental permission. $180 for one year for county residents, $110 for six months, and $75 for three months. Slightly higher fees for non-residents
- Private events: Yes
- Services: Classes