Wheaton Regional Library
The Wheaton branch of the Montgomery County public library is a bustling, yet still quiet, library that specializes in health information. A bright, well-stocked collection includes books, DVDs and magazines.
Downstairs, the Friends of the Library have a permanent used booksale that benefits the library system, there is a large meeting room, and "Laptop Lane," a table with dedicated outlets and Wi-Fi available, keep you connected.
The Wheaton Regional Library also reflects the diversity of the community with "Welcome" written in several languages on the wall, and a sizable collection of books in Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese. A children's section hosts a storytime hour during the school year.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 8pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Door openers at each entrance, elevator service between the two floors
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1962
- What makes this community special?: Its diversity - most languages are spoken in Montgomery County.
- Parking: Free lot
- Specialties: Health information
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs
- Internet use policy: Wi-Fi is available throughout the building, computer use on timed sessions
- Programs/classes: ELLIS English language learning program on computers, study rooms and quiet work room, bulletin board with community information. Meeting room downstairs available for reservation.
- Book donation information: Friends of the Library (separate from the library, but in the same building) accepts donations downstairs.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes