1. The Wheaton Library Advisory Committee is meeting Monday, Dec. 10, at at the Wheaton Library.
2. The Wheaton Urban District Advisory Committee, which advises the Montgomery County executive, is meeting Tuesday, Dec. 11, at 6 p.m. at the Mid-County Regional Services Center.
3. Which nonprofit will you vote for in Westfield Wheaton's Festival of Trees? Choose from among The Lupus Foundation of America, The Prevention of Blindness Society, Albert Einstein High School PTSA, and MUM (Midcounty United Ministries). The non-profit that receives the most votes will receive a $1,500 donation from Westfield.
4. Have you decorated your home with holiday lights? Take a photo and enter it in our Deck the House contest--and you could win $100,000 for Montgomery County schools.
5. Members of the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad are selling Christmas trees at their annual fundraiser on Reedie Drive in downtown Wheaton across from the Mid-County Regional Services Center.