What You Need to Know About the Taste of Wheaton
When and Where? Sunday, May 15th, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wheaton Triangle at the corner of Grandview Avenue and Reedie Drive in downtown Wheaton (one block north of the Wheaton Metro station).
- Rain or Shine
- Sidney Cooper, who is organizing the event, is expecting between 10,000 and 15,000 people throughout the day.
- Somewhere between 15 and 20 restaurants will participate, serving samples priced from $1 to $5 per “taste”.
- Patch will have our own booth set up. Please stop by and say hi.
Restaurants to Expect:
- this Westfield Wheaton dim sum fixture will have a wide array of its menu items. Lo mein, pan fried pork, orange chicken, bulgogi, veggie dumplings, Singapore rice noodles and spring rolls, plus others will be served. Hollywood East employee Corey has assured us that he’ll jet back to the mall if refills are needed.
- some of the “tastes” coming from this African menu are fish pie, meat pie, chicken yassa (a spicy marinated dish), and peanut butter stew.
- this acclaimed little sushi place close by will be rolling out the red carpet for this year’s Taste of Wheaton patrons. They’ll be offering a huge variety of their tasty, hand-molded rice hybrid rolls, including ingredients like avocado, cucumber, eel, crab and shrimp. They’ll be serving nigiri sushi as well.
Also attending: , , , , , and more.
Look out for an interview with one of Taste of Wheaton’s performers coming up this week.